And it’s welcome back everybody and I trust it was a cracking festive period for you all.
2012 brings with it mammoth questions that over time I am sure we will answer, questions like:
Who has been in crafty training and will return all ripped and energetic?
- Will our injured compatriots ever return?
- Will they have grown beards whilst in treatment?
- Will Scouse Steve return the wheels back to my car? Whilst I appreciate the bricks are made of good local stone, I would prefer to be more mobile than a Flintstone.
- Has Angry Mick chilled out and taken the holiday period to seek enlightenment and understanding that we are not all Messi or Gazza or Peter Beardsley?
- Has Leeds Rob learnt to keep score?
- Has Big John forgotten entirely what a football looks is and will take three weeks of kicking whatever moves before being back in the swing of things?
- Will we ever see Coops again?
- Did Fireman Dave get some new knee supports for Christmas?
- Has Steve The Bruce got a new firewall that will allow me to be more creative in my emails or can I still not say #### for fear of interception?
- Has Geordie Dave learnt how to properly pronounce Newcastle?
- Throughout the year how many weeks will Mark go home chuntering?
- How much more like Inspector Gadget will Tim’s legs get?
- And if I write any more emails like this will I see the end of the year, or indeed will I see the end of January?
Yes folks footy is back. Who is getting back in the saddle this coming Thursday?
And don’t forget, footy night out, old farts stood at a bar reminiscing of great goals, games, tackles and fouls: come on you know you want to – Friday 13th January. All suggestions on suitable venues gratefully received.